At Greene Broillet & Wheeler, our seasoned team of professionals have over 100 years of combined legal experience handling complex legal matters.
Our Firm News
- GBW Attorneys Attain $6.8 million Verdict for LA Shelter Volunteer Mauled by Surrendered Dog: Read More
- GBW's Molly McKibben publishes article in the Los Angeles Daily Journal: "Neuroendocrine dysfunction: a path to demonstrating traumatic"
- Browne Greene, Bruce Briollet, Chris Spagnoli, Tim Wheeler, Geoffrey Wells, Scott Carr, Alan Van Gelder recognized in 2023 Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers
- Partner Bruce Broillet was featured in the 20th Anniversary edition of Super Lawyers: Where Have We Been, Where Are We Going?
- Ivan Puchalt publishes article in the Advocate: "Trees: A primer on how to beat the “Act of God” defense"
- GBW's Geoff Wells publishes article in the Advocate: "The case of the runaway truck"
- Daily Journal publishes GBW's Aaron L. Osten article: "Ruling says no to new broad exception to Privette doctrine"
- GBW's Christian Nickerson honored in Daily Journal's Top 40 Under 40 - Read More
- Talk of the Town features Christian Nickerson in Attorney At Law Magazine - Read More
- Aaron L. Osten publishes article in Daily Journal: "High court to tackle evidentiary standard for retaliation claims."
- "A Tribute To The Contributions of Browne Greene And His Partners At Greene, Broillet And Wheeler"
- Bruce Broillet and Alan Van Gelder publish article in Daily Journal: "Gym and fitness facilities often unprepared to respond to health emergencies"
- GBW's Molly M. McKibben honored in Daily Journal's Top 40 Under 40 - Read More
- Ivan Puchalt publishes on Law.com – Out on a Limb: How to Litigate Against Dangerous Trees – Read More
- Bruce Broillet publishes article in Advocate Magazine: “Quiet Reflections On Profound Loss- Helping the jury do justice for the wrongful death of a child – Read more
- Mark Quigley mentioned in LA Times article:“2019 in review: Top local stories of the year in education.” – You can read more about this case here.
- GBW Secured $3.5M Settlement for Pedestrian Struck by School Bus. Read more
- GBW Trial Team Secures $12M Verdict for Wrongful Death of Son at Bel-Air Bay Club. Read more
- Congratulations to Campbell University School of Law which won the 2019 National Civil Trial Competition! GBW is a proud co-sponsor of the event along with LMU Loyola Law School. This is Campbell Law’s first championship at NCTC. The winning team included Luke Coates, Kevin Littlejohn, Lydia Stoney, and Courtney Haywood. Read more
- Top Law Students Head to Los Angeles to Battle in National Civil Trial Competition – Read more
- GBW’s Bruce Broillet Named One of California’s Top 100 Lawyers – Read more
- GBW Files Lawsuit Against Roundtrip Transportation for Sexual Assault of 25-Year-Old Disabled Woman – Read more
- GBW’s Bruce Broillet named one of Daily Journal’s 2019 Top Plaintiff Lawyers – Read more
- GBW Attorneys Honored as 2019 Super Lawyers Rising Stars – Read more
- GBW’s Bruce Broillet authored an article in LA’s Daily Journal discussing how improvements in skylight safety could significantly reduce the number of severe injuries and deaths that result from poor design – Read more
- Geoffrey S. Wells published article “Arguing General Damages at Trial” Geoffrey S. Wells, Advocate, June 2019
- Attorneys Bruce Broillet and Alan Van Gelder secured a $10 million settlement on behalf of young man who suffered life changing injuries after his vehicle collided with a tractor trailer – Read more
- GBW’s Christine Spagnoli was honored as one of SF/LA Daily Journal’s 2019 Top Women Lawyers – Read more
- GBW’s Alan Van Gelder and Molly McKibben Secured $1.15 M Verdict Involving Limousine Crash
- GBW Attorney Ivan Puchalt quoted in the Los Angeles Times – Jury Awards UC Irvine Neurosurgeon $2 Million in Whistleblower Retaliation Case.
- Congratulations to GBW’s Christine Spagnoli for being recognized as one of The Recorder’s 2019 California Trailblazers
- GBW’s Mark Quigley and Ivan Puchalt secure $2 million jury verdict on behalf of UC Irvine neurosurgeon.
- GBW attorneys Bruce Broillet, Molly McKibben, Christine Spagnoli, and Geoff Wells were recognized in March/April Edition of Forum Magazine for their efforts to increase membership for Consumer Attorneys of California.
- $2.6 Million Jury Verdict for Motor Vehicle Accident.
- Molly McKibben and Christian Nickerson Receive Award for Pro-Bono Hours. Read more.
- GBW’s Christine Spagnoli is sharing trial tips this week at The Donald L. Galine Sonoma Travel Seminar in Sonoma. Read more.
- Congratulations Scott Carr for being recognized as one of the Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers in California by the National Trial Lawyers Organization.
- GBW’s Browne Greene is in federal court seeking justice for a San Diego man who suffered serious injuries after an ICE agent hit him with his car in a marked crosswalk. Read more.
- $8,600,000 Settlement for Trucking Accident: Rodriguez vs. Doe Trucking Company.
- $2,200,000 Settlement for Camerawoman injured by Falling Tree: Plaintiff vs. Quest Homeowner’s Association.
- Partner Geoff Wells became the most recent recipient of the American Board of Trial Advocates’ Lee B. Wenzel Civility Award. He received the prestigious accolade late last month at the annual President’s Dinner Dance for the Los Angeles Chapter of ABOTA.
- On February 27, 2019, Alan Van Gelder will be part of a panel discussion at Southwestern School of Law in Los Angeles entitled, “The First Years Out of School: What to Expect in Your Litigation Careers.” The panel is being put on in conjunction with the Association of Business Trial Lawyers. (ABTL). Mr. Van Gelder graduated from Southwestern in 2002 and is on the ABTL Board. He will be joining other distinguished Southwestern graduates on the panel.
- On February 19, 2019, Bruce Broillet will be one of the headline speakers at the Association of Business Trial Lawyers dinner at the Biltmore Hotel discussing jury selection and how to deal with the growing mistrust of science among certain jurors. The Association of Business Trial Lawyers is a unique organization that is designed to promote a dialogue between the Courts and attorneys on business litigation and other matters in Los Angeles and across the State including issues promoting women and diversity in the legal bar, promoting civility among lawyers, and improving litigation and business practices. Click here to register.
- On February 19, 2019, the attorneys of Greene Broillet & Wheeler will be supporting Bet Tzedek at their annual gala/fundraiser at LA Live. Bet Tzedek offers free and comprehensive legal assistance to more than 40,000 people a year regardless of race, religion, ethnic origin, immigration status, or gender identity. Greene Broillet & Wheeler has a long tradition supporting Bet Tzedek and the vital role they play in assisting the most vulnerable members of our society. Click here to learn more.
- California doctors can no longer hide accusations of sexual misconduct from their patients’ thanks to a new law. GBW’s Molly McKibben wrote an article for Daily Journal explaining how female athletes played a role in helping pass SB 1448.
- Christine Spagnoli Announces Candidacy for AAJ Parliamentarian
- McGeorge School of Law Wins National Civil Trial
- GBW Co-Sponsor of Nation’s Biggest Civil Trial Competition for Student Litigants
- GBW’s former clients share their story of heartbreak and hope on The TODAY Show after their car collided with a Los Angeles Metro Bus. Attorney Geoff Wells obtained a $7.5 million settlement on behalf of the plaintiff who suffered life-threatening injuries.
- $25.9 Million Jury Verdict in Deadly Church Van Rollover Trial
- 3 out of the 30 “Top Plaintiff Lawyers” in California for 2018: Daily Journal honors GBW’s Lawyers Browne Greene, Bruce Broillet & Christine Spagnoli
- GBW Attorneys Named Finalists for Consumer Attorneys of California’s 2018 Awards
- CAOC’s Consumer Attorney of The Year 2018
- Sanchez v. Durham School Services, et al. (Geoffrey Wells, Ivan Puchalt, Christian Nickerson)
- Curtin v. Orange County, et al. (Browne Greene)
- CAOC’s Consumer Attorney of The Year 2018
- A deadly church van accident in Missouri is raising alarms about the dangers of driving 15-passenger vans. GBW’s Christine Spagnoil told KSPR “There is no other class of vehicle on the road today where the government has issued a safety advisory.
- GBW’s Christine Spagnoli shared her insight with KSHB about the risk of rollovers in 15-passenger vans after three teens died in a church van crash.
- Ruling Says Exclusion of ‘#MeToo’ Evidence is Reversible Error, The Daily Journal, Jul. 23, 2018
- GBW’s Browne Greene was profiled in an ABC10 news story about our client who was badly injured by a falling tree branch in San Diego’s Mission Bay Park. – July 2018
- GBW Recognized for Obtaining Four of The Recorder’s Top Verdicts & Settlements of 2017
- $73 Million Verdict Against Ford Motor Company – A Sacramento jury found Ford Motor Company responsible to the victims of a rollover crash involving a Ford E350 15 passenger van that experienced a tread separation.
- GBW’s Molly McKibben, Christian Nickerson and Aaron Osten Honored as 2018 Southern California Rising Stars
- GBW’s Bruce Broillet and Alan Van Gelder secure $11.75M Settlement for Family of Cyclist Struck and Killed by Distracted Sheriff’s Deputy
- GBW’s Geoff Wells and Mark Quigley made the list of NLJ’s 2018 Plaintiffs’ Lawyers Trailblazers for their passion to pursue justice.
- GBW’s Ivan Puchalt is profiled in Attorney at Law Magazine for his success in fighting for public safety.
- GBW’s Geoff Wells, Ivan Puchalt and Christian Nickerson are honored by Daily Journal for securing a Top Verdict in 2017.
- GBW’s Browne Greene is among a team of attorneys honored by Daily Journal for securing one of 2017’s Top Verdicts by Impact involving sexual assault.
- GBW’s Geoff Wells is profiled for his tireless work on behalf of injured people as one of the “Faces of L.A” in Los Angeles Magazine.
- LA Daily Journal profiled GBW’s Aaron Osten, who volunteers as a surfing instructor to help veterans coping with post-traumatic stress disorder.
- GBW partner Christine Spagnoli has been awarded the Lifetime Legal Achievement Award at the Consumer Watchdog’s Rage for Justice Awards. Other honorees include Bernie Sanders, Jane Sanders and musician Jackson Browne. Below is the group’s tribute video acknowledging Christine’s work on behalf of consumers.
- GBW Announce $4 Million Settlement for Family of Man Killed After Falling from Party Bus on 101 Freeway – April 2016
- Families Sue Fiat Chrysler For Deadly Defective Gas Tanks – March 2016
- GBW has been named Law360’s 2016 ” Consumer Protection Group of The Year” for protecting consumer privacy and fighting whistleblower retaliation; wrongful termination.
- Los Angeles Magazine names Mark Quigley an “L.A. Luminary” for his accomplishments fighting for workers’ rights. See the article.
- Molly McKibben is profiled in Pepperdine Law Surf Report for her role in securing a $55 million verdict for TV personality, Erin Andrews.
- UC Berkeley Clinches Championship in National Civil Trial Competition – December 2015
- GBW Honored for One of Year’s Biggest Verdicts and Ranked A Top Law Firm – July 2015
- GBW’s Browne Greene & Bruce Broillet Named Top CA Plaintiff Lawyers – July 2015
- Jury Slaps So. Cal. Edison with $4.7 Million Verdict for Farmworker’s Death – July 2015
- GBW’s Molly McKibben and Christian Nickerson Honored as “Rising Stars” – June 2015
- GBW’s Mark Quigley Honored as a “Giant Slayer” for Whistleblower-Retaliation Case – May 2015
- Southwest Flight Attendant Sues Employer For Husband’s Wrongful Death – April 2015
- Judge Denies Brazil’s Demand to Dismiss Lawsuit over Giant Emerald – March 2015
- Browne Greene: A Golden Anniversary in the Golden State
- Christine D. Spagnoli Named to Daily Journal’s Top Women Lawyers
- GBW Attorneys Honored as Super Lawyers for Business Litigation – November 2014
- Pedowitz Settlement Press Release – April 2014
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles Sails to Victory in National Civil Trial Competition
- Daily Journal names two Greene Broillet verdicts among the “Top Verdicts of 2012”: Burke v. City of San Diego and Alegre v. LA Fitness video
- Bruce Broillet and Christine Spagnoli nominated for California Trial Lawyers of the Year by the Consumer Attorneys of California video
- Greene Broillet & Wheeler’s Partners All Named To The Best Lawyers In America® 2011 List
- Browne Greene on the $1.7 million verdict in Patricia Ballaz v. City of Los Angeles
- Bruce Broillet on Devin Petelski’s tragic accident – KCBS TV
- Bruce Broillet honored with cover of SuperLawyers Publication
- Greene Broillet & Wheeler Ranked #1 in California by Best Lawyers in America in Personal Injury Litigation – 2008 and 2010
- Browne Greene, Bruce Broillet, Tim Wheeler, Christine Spagnoli, Mark Quigley,Geoff Wells and Scott Carr named to Southern California Super Lawyers List
- GBW makes “The Plaintiffs’ Hot List”
- Browne Greene, Bruce A. Broillet and Christine Spagnoli Named to Lawdragon’s Inaugural List of “The 500 Leading Litigators in America”
- Greene Broillet & Wheeler, LLP Obtains $4.2 Million Verdict From Jury In Civil Suit Against Paul Revere Life Insurance Company And Unum Group – January 2011
- Browne Greene Inducted into CAALA’s Inaugural Hall of Fame
- Bruce Broillet honored by Loyola Law School as “Champion of Justice”
- Bruce A. Broillet and Browne Greene Named to Lawdragon’s Inaugural List of “The 500 Leading Lawyers in America”
- Browne Greene recipient of Rage for Justice Lifetime Legal Achievement Award from The Foundation for Taxpayer and Consumer Rights
- Rob Jarchi and Alan Van Gelder Named to Southern California Super Lawyer’s Rising Stars List
- Bruce Broillet recipient of Rage for Justice Lifetime Legal Achievement Award from The Foundation for Taxpayer and Consumer Rights
- Christine Spagnoli named to Daily Journal’s List of Top Women Litigators
- Bruce A. Broillet Named as the “Los Angeles Area Best Lawyers Personal Injury Litigator of the Year” for 2010 – November 2009
- Browne Greene Winner of CAOC’s Marvin E. Lewis Award
- Bruce Broillet named Litigator of the Year by Century City Bar Association
- Bruce Broillet and Browne Greene named as Top 10 Southern California Super Lawyers
- Christine Spagnoli elected President of the Consumer Attorneys of California
- Scott Carr elected President of the Association of Business Trial Lawyers in Los Angeles
AWARDS & ASSOCIATIONS
Named in U.S. News - Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms,” Greene Broillet & Wheeler, LLP ranks as Tier 1 Personal Injury firm in Los Angeles.
Founding partners Browne Greene and Bruce A. Broillet are both members of the exclusive invite-only Inner Circle of Advocates, as two of the top 100 plaintiff trial lawyers in America.
All of our attorneys are proud to be active members of the Los Angeles County Bar Association or LACBA.
Many firm members have been honored by the Consumer Attorneys of California, including Browne Greene, Christine Spagnoli, and Bruce Broillet, recipients of the Marvin E. Lewis Award. In addition, attorneys Bruce Broillet, Scott Carr, Molly McKibben, and Tobin Lanzetta has been honored with the Consumer Attorney of the Year Award.
All 15 of our attorneys have been selected to Best Lawyers® after an extensive peer review process.
Our attorneys were featured in TopVerdict for having one of the Top 10 Wrongful Death Verdicts in California in 2019, with $15 million won for the plaintiff in Keck v. Bel-Air Bay Club.
Our firm has more attorneys on the Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars lists than any other law firm in Southern California, with 15 members selected.
Several partners are active members in the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, with attorneys Browne Greene, Bruce Broillet, and Christine Spagnoli named “Trial Lawyer of the Year."
GREENE BROILLET & WHEELER
Where Success Is a Tradition®
Decades of Legal Experience
Billions Recovered For Our Clients
We're Always Available For Our Clients & Offer Free Consultations
We've Taken On Some of The Largest Corporations & Insurance Agencies