Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyers
We Help Clients With Life-Altering Car Accident Injuries
At the law firm of Greene Broillet & Wheeler, LLP, we fight for clients who suffer the most severely disabling injuries or the wrongful deaths of their family members. These cases are almost always extremely complicated and require the right legal representation to ensure justice is served. We are confident in our ability to seek large settlements and awards to compensate our clients for the full extent of their losses.
Our attorneys have achieved success for our clients who had their futures ripped away in a single second—and we have worked tirelessly to help them regain as much independence as possible. These cases often require extensive evidence to prove both liability and damages, and we have the resources to gather and present the necessary evidence in serious Los Angeles car accident cases. We never shy away from cases involving catastrophic or fatal injuries. In fact, we are leaders in this area of law in California. If a crash left you disabled or mourning the loss of a loved one, you need a highly recognized law firm behind you, so please contact us today for more information.
Millions Recovered After Auto Accidents in California
The results of our car accident cases speak for themselves and demonstrate how committed we are to seeking large settlements and verdicts for victims with severe injuries and losses. Some of our car accident case results include:
- $32.5 million settlement – A vehicle passenger suffered catastrophic intestinal injuries and lost digestive tract functioning after an accident.
- $10 million settlement – A passenger of a vehicle driven by her mother suffered a severe brain injury in a broadside collision.
- $8.8 million verdict – A 14-year-old girl was riding in a vehicle on her way to a camping trip with 4H when she sustained a severe brain injury in a crash.
- $7 million settlement – A man suffered a traumatic brain injury and had his left arm amputated after a collision.
- $5.3 million verdict – A passenger sustained head injuries and the amputation of his lower left leg in a rollover SUV accident.
- $5.14 million settlement – A mother was ejected from her car and sustained a severe brain injury after a police officer hit her vehicle.
- $5 million settlement – A young mother sustained severe head trauma while riding as a passenger in a car that was hit.
- $2.6 million jury verdict – A driver who sustained a traumatic brain injury after an IT engineer driving home from work.
- $2.25 million settlement – A celebrity suffered a fatal heart attack after a collision.
- $1 million verdict – A rear-end crash in a parking lot caused spinal injuries to a motorist who had recently undergone spinal fusion surgery.
In addition to the above, we have also recovered substantial sums from auto manufacturers after defects either caused a crash or otherwise resulted in tragic injuries. Some of those cases include:
- $4.9 billion verdict – Our team was instrumental in achieving this verdict against General Motors after a defective fuel system caused severe burn injuries to two adults and four children. This represents one of the largest products liability verdicts in American judicial history.
- $2.5 million settlement – Two children died when a truck with a defective gas cap and filler neck system burst into flames.
- $2 million settlement – A victim suffered severe burns due to a defective vehicle frame and filler neck system.
- Confidential settlement – An anesthesiologist suffered fatal head trauma in a rear-end accident due to the defective design of a seat in his Aston Martin.
- Confidential settlement – Our client suffered disfigurement from severe burns after her car caught fire in a rear-end crash due to defective placement of the gas tank.
- Confidential settlement – An airbag deployed and caused brain injuries that left the 22-year-old victim in a permanent vegetative state.
- Confidential settlement – A two-year-old suffered a disabling spinal cord injury due to a defective Jeep seat and child booster seat.
In addition, attorneys for Greene Broillet & Wheeler, LLP, have secured settlements against tire manufacturers, including Goodyear Tire, Firestone, and Cooper for defects that led to serious injuries.
We handle car accident cases involving a wide range of circumstances and causes, from negligent drivers to negligent auto manufacturers. Some of our cases settle out of court, while others require jury trials to obtain the best outcomes for our clients. Our cases all have one thing in common, however—our clients suffered devastating injuries or tragic losses and deserve extensive compensation, often leading to seven- and eight-figure settlements or verdicts.
Why You Should Trust Our Accident Law Firm With Your Valuable Claim
Choosing a law firm to handle any case can prove stressful, but this is especially the case if you are dealing with extensive and lasting injuries. If you select the wrong lawyer, you risk losing important compensation. You need a law firm that you can depend on to seek and recover the maximum payout in your specific situation. The following are only some of the many reasons why Greene Broillet & Wheeler, LLP, consistently provides the highest quality of representation for severely injured car accident victims.
- Our resources – When we succeed in high-dollar cases, we invest in resources that we dedicate to our future clients. This has allowed us to employ full-time investigators who have gathered the necessary evidence in approriate cases, an evidence warehouse, and a network of experts ready to analyze highly technical issues, including manufacturing defects. Our extensive resources also mean that large corporations cannot intimidate us into settling just to avoid the cost and time of trial. We have the resources to prepare for and conduct successful jury trials whenever necessary to protect the rights of our clients.
- Our experience – Many attorneys do not have the experience or confidence to seek multimillion-dollar settlements or awards. Because we have handled so many cases involving highly complex legal issues and catastrophic injuries, we only become more adept at representing our clients with each claim. When you have incurred devastating losses, you want the law firm that has achieved more multimillion-dollar results than any other firm in California. That firm is Greene Broillet & Wheeler, LLP.
- Our commitment – A law firm that takes every possible case can stretch its resources so thin that it cannot dedicate the time and attention to each matter. Our law firm is always selective about the cases we take so we can commit the necessary resources to every single client. We explore and exhaust every possibility for maximum financial recovery for our seriously injured clients. We also get to know every one of our clients to best understand the magnitude of how the injuries or losses damaged their lives. This allows us to provide the best possible representation in every case.
- Our reputation – Once you have a reputation for success, opponents in litigation will take you more seriously. If a law firm regularly obtains large awards at trial, opponents may feel more willing to agree to the settlement you deserve out of court. Law firms across California are aware of our firm’s reputation and proven results—they regularly refer their most difficult cases to us—which only helps our future clients. In addition to the many awards our individual attorneys receive, the firm as a whole received the honor of being named the number one personal injury firm in California from Best Lawyers, as well as one of the best plaintiff’s firms in the United States by the National Law Journal. We believe a continued reputation for success only breeds further success.
If you or a family member suffered catastrophic or fatal injuries in a car accident, you have too much to lose by choosing a law firm that cannot give your case the time, attention, or skill it deserves. Call Greene Broillet & Wheeler, LLP, at (310) 576-1200 right away to learn more about how we regularly help clients in similar situations to yours.
Car Accidents Can Cause Devastating Injuries
We have all seen news coverage of medevacs airlifting car accident victims from the scene of the crash, images of firefighters using the Jaws of Life to cut someone out of a mangled car, or photos of emergency medical technicians strapping victims onto immobilizing stretchers. Usually, such scenes mean that victims suffered catastrophic injuries and the rest of their lives will change forever.
Unfortunately, these chaotic circumstances are just the beginning of many victims’ long and difficult journeys in the aftermath of their crashes.
When vehicles weighing several tons collide, motorists can do little to shield themselves from the impact. Seatbelts and airbags can only provide so much protection in violent crashes. Often, the force is so powerful that victims sustain permanent injuries despite all of the safety features of modern vehicles. While car accident victims can suffer injuries to any body part, the following are some catastrophic injuries commonly at issue in the cases we handle.
- Spinal cord injuries – The spine is a vital part of the body, but it is also extremely vulnerable to trauma in a car crash. Spinal injuries often require immediate immobilization for transportation directly to the hospital. There, doctors will likely keep victims admitted for extended periods of time to monitor swelling and the extent of the damage. Many spinal cord injury victims suffer permanent paralysis—either in the lower half of their body or in all four limbs and trunk. They can also suffer organ failure and may require respiratory, bladder, and bowel assistance in addition to the loss of movement and sensation.
- Traumatic brain injuries – Car accident victims can easily hit their heads when a crash throws them around. Head trauma can damage many parts of the brain, which can, in turn, can cause swelling or hemorrhaging. If doctors suspect intracranial pressure, they may need to surgically implant a pressure monitor in the brain or remove part of the skull to give the brain room to swell. Severe traumatic brain injuries often result in months or years of unconsciousness, and some victims never emerge from their permanent vegetative state. Even after regaining consciousness, victims of severe brain injuries can suffer permanent and disabling cognitive, behavioral, and physical impairments.
- Burns – As you can see from reviewing our above case results, we often represent clients who suffered devastating burns. Severe burns can destroy all layers of skin, as well as the tissue beneath the skin—all the way down to the bone. In many cases, even the best surgeons cannot repair the damage, and victims suffer permanent disfigurement or amputations. Skin grafts and other burn treatments are extremely painful, and victims must often spend a long time in burn centers due to the risk of infection.
- Amputations – In some accidents, a victim may suffer the traumatic amputation of a limb or extremity. In other situations, a crash may completely crush or burn a body part, resulting in the need for a surgical amputation. Life immediately changes forever for amputees, and they can face challenges relearning even the most basic tasks. Amputees require ongoing medical care and costly prosthetics, which victims must regularly replace for the rest of their lives.
- Fatal injuries – In about 37,000 accidents a year, victims sustain injuries they cannot survive. Common fatal injuries include burns, internal organ damage, heart attacks, brain injuries, and more. Whether a car accident victim dies at the scene of the crash or weeks later in the hospital, our attorneys are here to help close family members grieving the loss.
These are the cases we handle on a daily basis. It only takes an instant for a car accident to completely derail your life. Call us if you or someone you love suffered such a catastrophic injury in a car accident.
Liable Parties and Recovery in Catastrophic Injury Car Accident Claims
One key to successfully handling high-dollar car accident claims is to always identify the liable parties. In some cases, a single driver may have caused the accident. However, in others, when we examine the situation closer, our experienced lawyers have determined that we can help hold other parties accountable. Commonly liable parties include:
- Drivers – Drivers can make many mistakes on the road that permanently change another motorist’s life. These include drunk driving, distracted driving, road rage, speeding, and more.
- Employers – If a driver is working or within the scope of employment when a crash occurs, the employer may face liability for the negligence of the employee. Employers may also bear responsibility for negligent hiring of drivers they should have known were dangerous, or negligent supervision of drivers.
- Manufacturers – Many defectively designed or manufactured vehicles and auto parts make it onto the road, causing malfunctions that lead to catastrophic accidents or vehicle fires. In these situations, the negligent manufacturer should bear responsibility for the losses that victims suffer.
- Government agencies – Some accidents occur due to defectively designed or inadequately maintained roads. In these situations, the Department of Transportation or government agency responsible for those roads should also face responsibility for the injuries of accident victims.
Going up against the insurance company of a large corporation can prove very different from dealing with the insurer of an individual driver. Always hire an attorney who is not hesitant to take on powerful opponents in court, if necessary, so you receive the necessary and appropriate compensation for your extensive losses. Losses in these cases often include:
- Medical expenses for all past and future treatments
- Lost wages and lost future earning potential due to disabilities
- Physical and mental pain and suffering
- Lost enjoyment of life
- Permanent disfigurement
- Permanent disabilities
- Wrongful death
No matter how overwhelming your losses may seem, call our attorneys to see if we can help.
Contact Our Los Angeles Car Accident and Injury Attorneys Today
The legal team at Greene Broillet & Wheeler, LLP, acts like a close-knit family, and we bring our clients in as part of our family as well. We have repeatedly seen the devastating wake of life-threatening car accidents, and we know how to best understand their legal and financial needs. We work with clients who call us directly and also consult with other law firms regarding car accident cases involving wrongful death or catastrophic injuries. Our attorneys represent people in and around Los Angeles, as well as throughout Southern California, the state of California, and the United States.
If you need help after a disabling injury in a car crash, please call our office as soon as possible at (310) 576-1200 or contact us online for a free consultation.