Representing Severely Injured Clients in Los Angeles and California
At the law firm of Greene, Broillet & Wheeler, LLP, we offer nothing less than excellent service to our clients. We accept cases involving catastrophic injuries that are commonly life-threatening, disabling, or fatal when they take place because an owner or manager of a property failed to maintain it in a safe condition. Our attorneys commit themselves to clients facing long, hard roads ahead and devastating losses, either due to their severe injuries or a tragic loss in the family. We take on these cases because we know such clients need the highest quality representation, which we are prepared to provide.
If you or someone you love suffered catastrophic injuries on property that another person, government body, or business negligently failed to make or keep safe—from theme parks to stadiums, from parking lots and roads to other people’s homes—contact us online or call us at (310) 576-1200 for a free case evaluation.
Our Tradition of Success: Obtaining Billions of Dollars for Our Clients
Our team of attorneys knows that every case we take will be complicated since there is so much on the line. Our firm, nevertheless, has a tradition of success in these cases, and we strive to continue this tradition with every case. We welcome the challenge of catastrophic injury claims because we know we have the skill and ability to succeed for our severely injured or grieving clients. The following are some results we achieved in premises liability cases:
- $78 million combined settlement and verdict – 12 plaintiffs suffered severe trauma and injuries after a roof collapsed on a construction site. Some victims fell into a tank full of wet concrete, metal, and rebar, while others had to cling to rebar 50 feet off the ground until their rescue.
- $25 million settlement – We brought a case against the city of Alameda on behalf of a construction worker who hit an underground electrical line with a drill. The plaintiff suffered limb amputations, brain damage, and third-degree burns over one-fifth of his body from his electrical injuries.
- $4.9 million binding arbitration – Our clients sustained devastating personal injuries while riding a Ferris wheel at an amusement park.
- $6.4 million verdict – A construction crew left a concrete barrier on the road. A motorcycle struck the barrier, and the 17-year-old passenger sustained a severe traumatic brain injury.
- $9 million settlement – A defectively designed highway did not have sufficient guards along a drop off area of the center median. A 33-year-old man suffered a serious spinal cord injury in a resulting crash.
- $6.7 million settlement – A bicyclist stopped to rest along a defectively designed road. He suffered injuries that caused paraplegia when he fell over a retaining wall due to an unguarded curb.
- $5.5 million settlement – A hotel improperly pumped swimming pool water onto a roadway. A motorcycle crashed when it hit the water, and a 32-year-old woman sustained a severe traumatic brain injury.
This is only a small sample of the many multimillion dollar awards and settlements we have obtained for clients. In fact, our firm has resolved more injury cases for millions of dollars than any injury law firm across California. This comes as no surprise to our legal team and other firms who recognize and respect our repeated successes and dedication to our clients.
How Our Premises Liability Attorneys Fight for Accident Victims With Devastating Injuries
Many factors allow our law firm to provide the zealous and effective legal assistance that seriously injured accident victims require. Here’s some of what sets Greene, Broillet & Wheeler, LLP, apart:
- Our firm has extensive resources to dedicate to every case, including, when necessary or appropriate, in-house investigators, and the funding needed to hire all of the necessary experts to build the strongest case possible.
- All of our lawyers are highly skilled negotiators who know how to fight for a claim in settlement negotiations, even when the adverse party is aggressively fighting against the claim.
- We are also extensively experienced litigators who are never intimidated by the premise of taking a case to trial. If a trial is necessary to protect the rights of our clients, we head into court.
- Other lawyers are aware of our skill and commitment, so they know we mean business and take our attorneys seriously, to the benefit of our clients.
When you schedule a free consultation, you can immediately tell the difference between our firm and other injury attorneys. We do not take every possible case, because we want to fully commit to catastrophically injured clients who most need our help.
Property Hazards Can Cause Extreme Injuries
Many properties can contain hazards that result in catastrophic injuries to customers and visitors. At Greene, Broillet & Wheeler, LLP, we handle a wide range of premises liability cases involving dangerous floors, inadequately maintained buildings, failure to warn of possible risks, inadequate security, and more. Any of these conditions have the potential to result in extreme and life-changing injuries, including:
- Spinal cord injuries and permanent paralysis
- Severe traumatic brain injuries leading to coma, cognitive disabilities, and physical impairments
- Amputations of limbs or extremities
- Third and fourth-degree burns
- Internal organ damage and internal hemorrhaging
- Electrical injuries and electrocution
All of the above injuries can result in permanent disabilities, permanent disfigurement, and death. Victims have their lives completely changed in an instant—all because someone else did not take proper care to ensure a property was in a reasonably safe condition.
Our premises liability attorneys help severely injured accident victims hold negligent property owners, companies, and government entities fully liable for all of their overwhelming losses.
We know that every premises liability case is unique and that many accidents can lead to premises liability claims. The following are only some examples of the wide range of premises liability cases our law firm handles.
- Falls – A sudden fall can cause multiple traumatic injuries, including spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, and more. Falls can happen almost anywhere, including stairwells, large retail stores, balconies, ladders, roofs, or scaffolding. Whether someone falls from a high place or on the same level, they can still suffer serious injuries. Falls can take place due to poorly maintained floors, stairs, railings, or due to inadequate roof construction and many other situations.
- Construction site accidents – Construction sites present many hazards by their very nature, as they involve structures and roads in various stages of construction or repair. Sometimes, construction companies, crews, contractors, or other parties can act negligently and create unreasonably dangerous conditions for others on or near the construction site. Examples of the many construction accidents that regularly cause life-threatening injuries include electrocutions, falls from heights, getting hit by falling objects, getting struck by or caught between objects or vehicles, trench or scaffolding collapses, vehicle accidents, power tool accidents, and heavy machinery accidents.
- Swimming pool accidents – Swimming pools can provide a source of entertainment, exercise, and relaxation. Many homes, hotels, and complexes have them. Whether a pool is publicly or privately owned, swimming pool owners have the duty to maintain the pool area and comply with all swimming pool safety regulations. Negligent pool owners may allow dangerous hazards in and around the pool, including dangerous diving boards, inadequate signs or depth markers, objects that guests can trip over, sharp edges inside the pool, dangerous drains and drain covers, or toxic chemical levels. Pool and drain accidents can cause fatal drowning, quadriplegia, and other severe injuries. Even if someone survives a near-drowning accident, they may sustain permanent and disabling brain damage.
- Vehicle accidents – In most cases, municipalities or state governments are responsible for properly designing, inspecting, maintaining, and repairing public roadways in a safe condition for drivers. Some roads have inherent design flaws, including dangerous intersections, sharp curves with excessive speed limits, narrow lanes, and other hazards. In some situations, an agency may fail to post signs warning drivers about these hazards, preventing the driver from taking the proper precautions. Agencies can also fail to repair potholes, replace lane markers or signs, address eroding shoulders, or otherwise allow dangerous conditions to persist, which often lead to devastating vehicle accidents.
- Public transportation accidents – Hundreds of millions of people use public transportation in the Los Angeles area each year. Whether you use the Los Angeles Metro rail or bus system, dangerous accidents and injuries can occur. Buses and rail cars are not always properly maintained or cleaned. Passengers can suffer severe injuries when getting on or off a public transportation vehicle, and they can suffer severe injuries in a crash. We have also served clients who sustained devastating injuries on cable cars, airplanes, and other forms of common transportation.
- Hotel, resort, and amusement park accidents – Many people in California spend time at hotels, resorts, and amusement parks. Unfortunately, all of these places present many hazardous conditions and the risk of serious accidents. These are expansive places, and all too often staff members fail to sufficiently inspect for hazards or address them in a timely manner. Visitors can suffer injuries in many ways, including escalator or elevator accidents, stairway falls, slips and falls, malfunctioning amusement park or water park rides, swimming pool or spa accidents, fitness center accidents, and more.
- Accidents due to the failure to warn about hazards – Sometimes, a hazard exists on a property and owners are unable to address the matter immediately. In this situation, property owners and businesses have the duty to properly warn customers or visitors of the hazard. A common example of this occurs when someone washes a floor and the floor remains wet and slippery while it dries. The owner or management should always put out clear signs that the floor is wet and slippery so that visitors can avoid that area or use necessary care. If a party fails to warn about a hazard or danger, others can get seriously injured due to their negligence.
- Injuries due to inadequate security – Many businesses, facilities, and property owners have the duty to provide adequate security to keep visitors safe whenever possible. Some areas that should have such security include parking lots and garages, hotels, apartment complexes, shopping malls, theaters, restaurants and bars, arenas, concert halls, and amusement parks, among others. Security measures can take many forms, including door staff and bouncers, concierge desks, security cameras, locked buildings or lots, barriers, or anything else reasonably necessary to keep people safe from harm. A property without adequate security can subject visitors to grave harm due to violent assaults, robberies, sexual assaults, and other criminal acts.
- Fires – Many hazards can lead to fires inside buildings, including faulty wiring, dangerous gas leaks, water heaters and furnaces, and other human and/or mechanical causes. The risk of fatal or life-threatening injuries exists with any fire, but the risks increase even more if a building does not have the proper smoke detectors and fire prevention systems installed and kept in working condition. Burns are some of the most painful and disfiguring injuries, requiring enormously expensive and specialized treatment, and most burn injury victims are never the same again.
The above gives you an idea of the types of premises liability claims we regularly take on. These are never simple cases, and our clients are suffering from extreme injuries because of the careless or wrongful acts of others. We know how important it is for our clients to recover every dollar they deserve for their losses, including the costs of past and future medical care, past and future lost income, pain and suffering, and for their permanent disabilities or disfigurement. These damages can add up into the millions of dollars quickly, and we are ready to aggressively pursue such high-value claims.
Contact Our Los Angeles Premises Liability Attorneys for More Information
The law firm of Greene, Broillet & Wheeler, LLP, receives regular recognition for our dedication and success, as well as respect in the legal community throughout California and nationwide. Not only do we work to directly help our clients, but we use our investigations and the evidence we collect to strive to improve safety conditions, so others do not have to suffer such devastating injuries in the future.
Our skilled premises liability lawyers are committed to our clients and to the community at large. We also regularly consult with other attorneys regarding serious injury cases. If you or a loved one sustained a life-altering or fatal injury in an accident, you want our team on your side as soon as possible. Please call (310) 576-1200 or contact us online for a free case evaluation today.