Riverside Personal Injury Lawyers
Fighting for You and Your Loved Ones as You Fight to Recover
In the blink of an eye, everything can change. A child was walking to elementary school in the morning only to have a negligent driver strike her and put her into a coma for three months. She suffered from cardiac failure, severe traumatic brain injuries, and now requires 24-hour care.
In the case of Isabella Sanchez, the nationally renowned catastrophic injury attorneys at Greene, Broillet & Wheeler, LLP, obtained a $36.1 million jury verdict for Isabella and her family.
At Greene, Broillet & Wheeler, LLP, we know that no amount of compensation can make up for the physical, emotional, and mental trauma often suffered by victims of catastrophic injuries. However, we may help ease the financial impact of your injuries by building a solid case for recovery. Depending on the facts of your case, compensation may help pay your medical bills, lost wages, lost earning capacity, medical devices, physical and psychological therapy, and specialized care.
Acting as Your Legal Intermediary in Riverside
Caring for yourself or your loved one after a life-altering injury is all-consuming. At Greene, Broillet & Wheeler, LLP, we understand that few victims have time to review their insurance policies, appeal a denial of benefits, apply for disability, file a claim, and/or gather the evidence necessary for litigation. No personal injury case is too complex for our world-renowned lawyers. From complex childhood traumatic brain injuries to life-altering burns after a Riverside car accident, we have the litigation resources most California law firms don’t.
Each year, more than 15,000 victims are injured or killed in Riverside, California, car accidents alone. This number doesn’t include victims of construction accidents, university assaults, workplace accidents, or premises liability.
Every catastrophic injury case is unique, and the facts and circumstances of your case will ultimately dictate the availability of compensation. Complex catastrophic injury litigation often involves working with qualified economic, medical, and occupational experts to secure compensation for your past, present, and future needs.
Hiring a personal injury attorney without proven experience handling life-altering cases can lead to long-term consequences. Settling a case too early or failing to account for future losses can leave victims without the compensation they ultimately need with little future recourse.
The following traumatic injury cases are merely some examples of when our top-ranked Riverside personal injury litigation team obtained needed compensation for our clients:
- $4.9 billion, the largest individual products liability verdict in history, for a class of clients injured by defective motor vehicle gas tanks resulting in death and life-altering burn injuries
- $78 million for victims of a construction site roof collapse that caused some plaintiffs to plunge six stories to the ground
- $33 million for police misconduct causing severe injuries to a Miami surgeon, detrimentally altering the surgeon’s career
- $32.5 million after a catastrophic car accident caused the plaintiff severe internal injuries, resulting in almost complete loss of bowel function
- $21 million after the negligence of a California power company caused a plaintiff severe burns and shock, ultimately resulting in amputation
- $20.7 million to compensate the victim of a sexual assault
- $17.9 million after a defective tire resulted in paralysis
- $13.8 million for a passenger in a California bus crash who suffered a traumatic brain injury and hemiplegia
- $5.2 million for a college student hazed and severely burned by members of his fraternity.
We don’t cut corners at Greene Broillet & Wheeler for the sake of turning a quick profit. We’re passionate about the cases we handle because we care about getting our clients the compensation they need after their catastrophic injuries.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle
It’s our hope at Greene, Broillet & Wheeler, LLP, that one day we won’t be needed, and that no one will have to live through the devastating personal injuries we help our clients with every day.
Until then, from traumatic brain injuries and amputations to sexual assault and illegal hazing, we handle the cases many Riverside firms can’t. Not every personal injury law firm in California is equipped to handle catastrophic injury cases against major corporations or government bodies, or where multiple parties may have caused your injuries. Our reputation precedes us, and we’ve successfully handled cases involving severe personal injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries: Every traumatic brain injury manifests with different symptoms, and it’s often difficult to obtain a long-term prognosis. Patients who suffered from brain impalement, bruising, cerebral hemorrhaging, torn tissues, and brain stem injuries may experience anything from loss of speech and headaches to debilitating seizures and brain death. Unlike a broken bone, an X-ray can’t tell the story of your brain damage. It often takes time and a team of dedicated experts to determine what your TBI has taken from you, and to prove entitlement to substantial compensation.
- Paralysis: Paralysis occurs when your body’s relay system—primarily consisting of your brain, nerves, and spinal cord—is severed by a traumatic event. Your spinal cord, which sends signals from the brain to the rest of your body, does not regenerate. As such, paralysis is often permanent. Accident victims suffering from paralysis typically lose all voluntary bodily functions below the injured area. Paraplegia occurs when a spinal injury results in loss of function below your neck, typically in your legs, while quadriplegia occurs when you lose voluntary function of all four limbs.
- Third and fourth-degree (full thickness) burns: Burns that damage more than your skin, such as your fat, muscles, and bones, are considered some of the most painful injuries to endure. You may require multiple surgeries, skin grafts, amputations, and a lifetime of treatments to survive after a full-thickness burn. Third and fourth-degree burns may result from gas tank explosions, serious car accidents, construction site electrocutions, and similar severe accidents.
- Amputations: Amputations are often necessary to save lives. Whether your limb was severed in a car crash or crushed beyond repair after a construction site accident, we may be able to help you recover compensation for state-of-the-art prosthetics and occupational therapy after another’s negligence resulted in an amputation.
- Wrongful death: In the legal profession, wrongful death is the term used to define a civil cause of action that family members can bring against a person or entity responsible for negligently, recklessly, or intentionally causing the untimely death of a loved one. Whether you wrongfully lost a child or your primary provider, you can fight to hold the negligent party responsible for the loss of your loved one.
We also know that not all personal injuries are physical. We may also be able to help women injured during a sexual assault or after a traumatic miscarriage and experiencing debilitating post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) as a result.
Serving Victims of Severe Personal Injuries in Riverside, California
At Greene, Broillet & Wheeler, LLP, we’ve taken on California power companies, law enforcement organizations, major universities, and international car manufacturers to recover compensation for our clients. Our outstanding reputation has allowed us access to California’s leading medical and economic experts, all of whom we can draw on, in appropriate cases.
Our Riverside County personal injury attorneys at Greene, Broillet & Wheeler, LLP, represent those seriously injured or killed due to the negligent, reckless, wrongful, or intentional conduct of individuals, corporations, landowners, or public entities. We’ve obtained more compensation for our clients than any other law firm in California, and we’re right in your backyard.
Our personal injury consultations are completely free. Take a minute and call our office as soon as possible at (310) 576-1200 or contact us online. We may be able to help you down the road to recovery.