As a dedicated advocated for consumer rights, Tobin Lanzetta has devoted the past decade to fighting for public safety. With his relentless litigation skills,Tobin has attained more than $I00 million in verdicts and settlements in personal injury cases involving trains, trucks and automobiles.
Tobin’s victories have ensured safer truck driving practices, safeguarded public spaces and demanded accountability from the railroad industry. Tobin has sought justice against wrongdoers for their defective and harmful products that have caused brain injuries. He has battled careless and irresponsible companies that have disfigured clients and has taken on the government for dangerous roadways that have left families without loved ones.
In one of the defining cases of his career, Tobin played an instrumental role litigating several of the high profile Santa Monica Farmers Market cases. The city of Santa Monica and other defendants paid $21 million to settle dozens of lawsuits stemming from the incident.
Since 2014,Tobin has been named a “Super Lawyer” and was honored as a Super Lawyer “Rising
Star” in 2005 and 2007-2013.
Areas of Practice
- Wrongful Death
- Catastrophic Personal Injury
- Products Liability Law
- Municipal Liability
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. – 2003
- Santa Clara University – 1997
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Economics
- Swarthmore College – 1994
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Los Angeles Chapter, Member
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, Member
- Mehdipour v. City of Santa Monica’s Big Blue Bus
- Ho v. City of Rancho Palos Verdes
- Saucedo v. Los Angeles Unified School District
- Blood v. County of San Bernardino
Honors and Awards
- Recipient – “Consumer Attorney of the Year”, Consumer Attorneys Association of California, 2016
- Southern California Super Lawyers, 2014-2017
- Southern California Rising Stars, 2005, 2007-2013
- Tobin Lanzetta Community Involvement