Robert D. Jarchi's single-minded pursuit of truth and justice for his clients has resulted in numerous multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements, and Robert has obtained over $150 Million in verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients throughout his career. Among these verdicts are high-profile cases that received national media attention, such as Gousse v. Budget Rent-A-Car Corporation/City of Los Angeles, a $33 million jury verdict in a negligence action, as well as Farraj v. Circle K Stores Inc., a $7.9 million jury verdict in a fraud case. Robert has also obtained a variety of large multimillion-dollar settlements, such as $7.8 million in a leg-crush injury case, $6.75 million in an insurance bad faith action, $5.5 million in an auto collision/brain injury case, and $9.6 million in a legal malpractice matter.
In 2015 Robert obtained a $4.7 million jury verdict as lead trial counsel in the electrocution of a migrant worker.
Robert has also pursued environmental justice for injured persons, and was lead counsel in mass tort litigation arising out of groundwater contamination in Hinkley, California (the subject of the motion picture “Erin Brockovich”), and continues to represent those injured by the environmental wrongdoing of large corporations.
Robert was named as one of the “Best Lawyers in America” in the “Best Lawyers” 2016-2022 editions identifying top attorneys nationwide. Robert was also named one of the “Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers” by the “National Trial Lawyers” organization in 2016-2019. Robert was also named a “Premier 100” trial attorney by the National Academy of Jurisprudence in 2016, and one of the “10 Best Attorneys” for the state of California by the American Institute for Personal Injury Attorneys in 2016-2017.
Robert was selected as a Southern California “Super Lawyer” for the years 2014-2021 and was listed as a Super Lawyer Rising Star in the years 2004-2013 in Southern California Rising Stars Magazine/Los Angeles Magazine, which lists the top 2.5 percent of noteworthy attorneys in Los Angeles and Orange Counties as voted upon by the Super Lawyers named by the magazine.
In 2014 Robert was honored by the Los Angeles Daily Journal as a “Top 20 Under 40” attorney in the State of California. Robert was also honored by the “The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40,” and was selected as a top trial lawyer by the organization.
The National Law Journal recognized Robert for having one of the Top 100 Jury Verdicts in the Nation in 2003. He was also a Trial Lawyer of the Year nominee for Trial Lawyers for Public Justice in 2004.
Robert is a partner with Greene, Broillet and Wheeler and has been with the firm since 2000.
Robert received his undergraduate degree in political science from U.C.L.A in 1996 and received a J.D. in 1999 from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles. Robert is a member of the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, Consumer Attorneys of California, and American Association for Justice (Formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America).
- Gousse v. Budget Rent-A-Car Corporation/City of Los Angeles
- Farraj v. Circle K Stores Inc.
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California
- U.C.L.A. – 1996
Honors & Awards
- Top 10 Personal Injury Law, Best of the Best Attorneys, 2019-2020
- America’s Top 100, Personal Injury Attorneys, 2019
- Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyer, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, 2016-2023
- Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyer, Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs, 2023
- Southern California Super Lawyers, 2014 – 2021
- Daily Journal: Top 20 under 40, 2014
- Southern California Rising Stars, 2004 – 2013
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40, 2012 – 2013
- Top 100 Jury Verdicts in the Nation (National Law Journal)
- Trial Lawyer of the Year Nominee, Trial Lawyers for Public Justice