San Bernardino Brain Injury Lawyers
Helping Victims of Traumatic Brain Injuries in San Bernardino Recover Compensation for Their Devastating Injuries
Nearly 1.5 million Americans suffer a traumatic brain injury, also known as a TBI, every year. This essentially translates into a traumatic brain injury every 21 seconds.
Traumatic brain injuries sustained in a serious car accident or other catastrophic accident can result in a lifetime of pain, suffering, and millions of dollars in expenses. The worst traumatic head injuries can result in a permanent coma or death.
Their ultimate effects are not always immediately known or apparent. Sometimes, these injuries take days or even weeks to manifest.
In cases filed in San Bernardino, the law firm of Greene, Broillet & Wheeler, LLP, regularly handles personal injury cases that involve traumatic brain injuries. Our compassionate legal team fully comprehends both the short- and long-term impacts these injuries can have on an accident victim’s overall health and well-being.
We have obtained numerous seven- and eight-figure awards—both via settlement and jury verdict—on behalf of injured clients who sustained serious head injuries—more than any other California law firm. In addition, our firm is rated one of the top plaintiff’s law firms in the United States by the National Law Journal and has been rated the #1 personal injury firm in California by Best Lawyers.
To find out how our skilled legal team might assist you or your loved one, please give us a call today at (310) 576-1200, or contact us online.
Successful Settlements and Jury Verdicts
At Greene, Broillet & Wheeler, LLP, some of our favorable results in TBI cases include:
- Settlement for $10 million – A motor vehicle passenger suffered a traumatic brain injury in a broadside collision that another driver caused.
- Jury verdict for $8.8 million – A teenage girl sustained a traumatic brain injury in a motor vehicle accident while on her way to a 4H camping trip.
- Settlement for $7 million – A man sustained a severe head injury (and ultimately had to have his left arm amputated) after another driver caused a motor vehicle collision.
- Confidential settlement – A defective airbag deployed, which resulted in traumatic brain injuries to a 22-year-old accident victim, leaving the victim in a permanent vegetative state.
These verdicts and settlements in traumatic head injury cases, among others, demonstrate our commitment to excellence and the skill with which we litigate and try serious head injury cases. At Greene, Broillet & Wheeler, LLP, we make it our priority to pursue the maximum compensation available on your behalf.
Why We Should Handle Your Traumatic Brain Injury Case
There is no shortage of personal injury and traumatic brain injury lawyers who handle cases in the greater San Bernardino area. Choosing an inexperienced lawyer to represent you, however, can prove an expensive mistake—and you only receive one chance to obtain damages in a traumatic brain injury case.
Consider the skilled legal team at Greene, Broillet & Wheeler, LLP, for:
- Our experience – Some personal injury lawyers shy away from taking matters to trial and instead choose to settle all of their cases. However, the experienced lawyers on our team have experience not just with negotiating settlements in traumatic brain injury cases but with taking them to trial and obtaining seven- and eight-figure verdicts for our clients. With this track record of success, opposing counsel is more likely to take the case seriously from the get-go—and to offer reasonable and fair monetary compensation.
- Our connections – Traumatic brain injury cases typically require expert testimony to obtain the compensation our clients need to pay for their treatment. These experts include doctors and other healthcare providers who can causally relate the traumatic brain injury to the accident. These experts may also speak to the likelihood (and possible costs) of future related medical treatments, counseling, and physical therapy, and the likelihood of permanence. Given that our law firm handles countless catastrophic personal injury cases, we have myriad experts at our disposal who are able to assist with proving damages in appropriate cases.
Let the skilled lawyers at Greene, Broillet & Wheeler, LLP put our knowledge, skills, and connections to the test in helping you pursue maximum compensation for your serious head injury.
What Is a Traumatic Brain Injury?
Traumatic brain injuries result from severe force or trauma to the accident victim’s head, which cause the accident victim’s brain to strike the inside of the skull and damage the brain’s axons and neurons. The force of this impact can also cause serious, permanent damage to the accident victim’s ability to live and function normally.
Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
Traumatic brain injuries can cause outrageous medical bills, past and future lost earnings, permanent inability to work, pain and suffering, and lifetime care costs, among other noteworthy damages. In some instances, traumatic brain injury accident victims may need to spend the rest of their lives in nursing homes or assisted living facilities.
This lifetime of care can result in millions of dollars in damages—all of which a victim might recover if a negligent act caused the TBI.
Common examples of traumatic brain injuries from which our clients suffer include:
- Brain contusion – Bleeding inside the skull can cause pressure on the brain and require surgery to repair.
- Diffuse axonal injury – A diffuse axonal injury comes from force severe enough to cause serious and potentially fatal tears in the brain’s connections.
- Penetrating head injury – An object that strikes the accident victim’s head and penetrates both the brain and the skull can result in blood clots, severe bleeding, and disrupted oxygen to various regions of the brain, and can result in death if not addressed immediately.
Effects of Traumatic Brain Injuries
Traumatic brain injuries can result in both short and long-term effects. These effects depend primarily on the amount of force that the accident victim sustains. Short-term symptoms of a traumatic brain injury may include loss of memory, mild confusion, disorientation, and headaches. Long-term symptoms may include memory loss, coma or permanent vegetative state, and paralysis. Generally speaking, the longer a serious head injury goes untreated, the more likely it will result in permanent injuries and symptoms.
Accidents That Cause Serious Head Injuries
To recover compensation, the accident victim must show that the injuries resulted from someone else’s negligence. Accidents that may result in serious head injuries include:
- Motor vehicle accidents (especially head-on or rear-end collisions)
- Motorcycle and bicycle accidents (especially where riders and passengers are thrown off their bikes)
- Slip and fall accidents that occur on someone else’s property
- Workplace accidents
- Boating accidents (especially where the accident victim falls overboard and strikes the watercraft or something else in the water, or is deprived of oxygen for an extended time)
At Greene, Broillet & Wheeler, LLP, our knowledgeable legal team can evaluate your case and determine if you have a viable claim.
Contact Our Experienced San Bernardino Brain Injury Lawyers Today
A traumatic brain injury can result in a lifetime of pain and suffering. If you or a loved one sustained a serious head injury in an accident caused by another’s negligence, the experienced attorneys at Greene, Broillet & Wheeler, LLP may be able to help. Our legal team prides itself on experienced, knowledgeable, and skillful representation for those who are suffering from catastrophic injuries.
To schedule a free consultation and case evaluation with our San Bernardino brain injury lawyers, please call us today at (310) 576-1200, or contact us online.