Tobin Lanzetta has devoted his career to fighting for public safety. His $100+ million in case victories have demanded accountability from corporate and governmental wrongdoers. Tobin was named a 2016 California Consumer Attorney of the Year along with his colleagues Bruce Broillet, Scott Carr and Molly McKibben for their Erin Andrews v. Marriott $55 million trial result.
Tobin’s trial areas include catastrophic injury, wrongful death, brain injury, product liability, heavy machinery/trucking, train incidents, and government liability. Recently, a Ventura County Superior Court jury awarded nearly $3.5 million to Tobin’s clients after a catastrophic forklift injury where the defendants took no responsibility.
In one of the defining cases of his career, Tobin played an instrumental role in the high-profile Santa Monica Farmers Market cases. After an elderly man mowed down victims at the weekly farmers’ market, the City of Santa Monica and other defendants paid $21 million to settle the lawsuits. Importantly, these cases led to the installation of protective barriers which ensures that the weekly farmers’ market will be a safer environment for every person who visits.
Tobin is a partner and has been named a “Super Lawyer” 2014-2021. He was also honored as a Super Lawyer “Rising Star” in 2005 and 2007-2013.
Tobin graduated from Santa Clara University, after originally attending Swarthmore College. He received his law degree from the University of San Diego.
Before Tobin attended law school he played baseball for the Montreal Expos and Los Angeles Dodgers organizations.
- Erin Andrews v. Marriott
- Mehdipour v. City of Santa Monica’s Big Blue Bus
- Ho v. City of Rancho Palos Verdes
- Saucedo v. Los Angeles Unified School District
- Blood v. County of San Bernardino
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California
- Santa Clara University – 1997
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Economics
- Swarthmore College – 1994
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Los Angeles Chapter, Member
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, Member
Honors & Awards
- Recipient – “Consumer Attorney of the Year”, Consumer Attorneys Association of California, 2016
- Southern California Super Lawyers, 2014-2021
- Southern California Rising Stars, 2005, 2007-2013
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 2020-2022
Attorney Authored Articles
- The Push and Pull of train safety in California, Daily Journal (March 14, 2015)