Los Angeles Vehicle Accident Attorneys
Why Our Firm Is Different
Just as each vehicle injury case is unique, so is each personal injury law firm. While some firms prefer to steer clear of claims arising from the most serious types of injuries, those are the cases that Greene Broillet & Wheeler, LLP, undertakes. We believe that clients suffering from devastating losses and disabling injuries deserve only the highest quality of representation, and our legal team provides that for many reasons.
We have the resources to prove challenging claims. Even if you believe fault and the severity of your injuries are obvious in your accident, the law still requires you to sufficiently prove both liability and your resulting losses. In addition, many opposing parties and their insurers will try to challenge liability and the extent of your injuries, so your attorney should always know how to present the necessary evidence to protect your rights and obtain the compensation you deserve.
At Greene Broillet & Wheeler, LLP, we have extensive resources we are able to bring to every case we take. Each successful outcome only adds to the resources we can commit to our next client. We have full-time investigators who often thoroughly examine the causes of our clients’ accidents. We have collected so much evidence from our past cases that we have a warehouse to store it, and there we have presented live demonstrations to insurers, opposing counsel, and juries when appropriate. When needed, we have called on an extensive network of respected experts ready to offer their opinions and testimony. These resources allow us to represent our clients in the manner they deserve.
We dedicate ourselves to each client. More than just dedicating our firm’s resources to each case, we also dedicate ourselves. We firmly believe in the importance of getting to know each client closely so we can best represent their interests to insurance companies, corporations, and juries. By understanding exactly how our clients’ injuries have devastated them and their families, we can communicate the extent of their losses in the most persuasive way possible. We treat clients like family and ensure they receive the personalized attention their cases need during every aspect of litigation.
We have extensive experience in complex injury litigation. Some vehicle accident cases are harder than others to resolve. Our attorneys regularly tackle the most difficult cases, so we know the legal issues that can arise and how to address them. We do not back down when an opponent is tough. Our adversaries know of our determination and reputation for success, so they know to always take our cases seriously. When you have a respected and credible law firm on your side, it can only help your claim. At Greene Broillet & Wheeler, LLP, strives for exceptional representation in the most challenging scenarios, which repeatedly leads our legal team to success.
Billions in Settlements and Verdicts for Vehicle Accident Victims
Our law firm represents clients who suffered extremely severe injuries or who lost family members in accidents involving motor vehicles. The following are just some of the multimillion-dollar settlements and awards we have obtained for our clients:
- $4.9 billion verdict – Our team helped achieve this verdict against General Motors after a defective fuel system caused severe burn injuries to two adults and four children.
- $36.1 million verdict – A car crashed into a young girl crossing the street to catch a school bus, after the bus company and driver failed to report that they knew the bus stop was dangerous.
- $32.5 million settlement – A vehicle passenger suffered catastrophic intestinal injuries and lost most digestive tract functioning after an accident.
- $22 million verdict – A wrongful police chase led a woman to get hit by a car and pinned underneath, crushing one leg and leading to partial amputation of the other leg.
- $13.8 million verdict – When a bus got in a collision, a passenger suffered severe brain damage from a subdural hematoma, as well as hemiplegia on the left side of his body.
- $10 million settlement – A passenger of a vehicle driven by her mother suffered a severe brain injury in a broadside collision.
- $8.8 million verdict – A 14-year-old girl was riding in a vehicle on her way to a camping trip with 4H when she sustained a severe brain injury in a crash.
- $8.15 million verdict – A mother who was at a school picnic tried to save a three-year-old’s life and got struck by a bus. She did not survive.
- $7 million settlement – A man suffered a traumatic brain injury and had his left arm amputated after a collision.
- $5.3 million verdict – A passenger sustained head injuries and the amputation of his lower left leg in a rollover SUV accident.
- $5.14 million settlement – A mother was ejected from her car and sustained a severe brain injury after a police officer hit her vehicle.
- $5 million settlement – A young mother sustained severe head trauma while riding as a passenger in a car that was hit.
- $3.67 million settlement – A motorist suffered facial paralysis, brain damage, and other traumatic injuries in a failure to yield accident.
- $3.2 million settlement – An MTA bus hit a 21-year-old college student who was walking. He sustained a traumatic brain injury.
- $2.7 million verdict – A man was on the shoulder of a road when a truck driver struck him and he suffered fatal injuries.
- $2.6 million verdict – An 80-year-old trying to board a bus instead had his arm amputated after the bus ran him over.
- $2.5 million settlement – Two children died when a truck with a defective gas cap and filler neck system burst into flames.
- $2.25 million settlement – A security guard at a construction site died after an underage driver hit him.
- $2.25 million settlement – A celebrity suffered a fatal heart attack after a collision.
- $2 million settlement – A victim suffered severe burns due to a defective vehicle frame and filler neck system.
- $1 million verdict – A rear-end crash in a parking lot caused spinal injuries to a motorist who had recently undergone spinal fusion surgery.
It would prove impossible to share all of our vehicle accident case results here, but the above list should give you a good idea about the magnitude of the cases we regularly handle—and the degree to which we have helped our clients. These results demonstrate our ability to successfully handle accident claims involving all types of vehicles, including cars, motorcycles, commercial trucks, MTA buses, and others.
In addition, you should notice that our case results include a combination of settlements and verdicts. This illustrates both our excellent settlement negotiation skills as well as our ability and willingness to take cases to a jury trial whenever necessary to fully protect the rights of our clients.
If you sustained catastrophic injuries and losses in any type of vehicle accident, you must hire the right law firm to handle your claim. Please call Greene Broillet & Wheeler, LLP, at (310) 576-1200, so we can evaluate your rights and options today.
Common Types of Vehicle Accidents and Injuries
More than 37,000 die in vehicle accidents in a single year in the United States. California has the second-largest number of fatalities of all the states, which included tragic deaths from accidents involving pedestrians, motorists, bicyclists, motorcyclists, large commercial trucks, MTA buses, and all other types of motor vehicles.
Everywhere you look in California, you may see scooters, motorcycles, bicycles, cars, SUVs, vans, buses, box trucks, or tractor-trailers. Add the number of people constantly walking along the roads, and it should surprise nobody that every day devastating crashes leave victims with lifelong injuries that require costly and ongoing medical treatment. Moreover, thousands of families lose loved ones each year.
Each type of vehicle crash can have its own unique aspects, as follows.
- Car accidents – Many car accidents happen between two passenger vehicles. However, the resulting legal claims can pose significant complexities. With Uber, Lyft, and delivery drivers at every turn, many companies may also face liability for the crashes caused by their drivers. Some crashes only involve single vehicles, though this does not mean the driver was at fault. Defective vehicles or defective roads may cause single-vehicle crashes, and determining the responsible parties may require a thorough investigation.
- Commercial vehicles – While tractor-trailers, delivery trucks, and buses are a necessary part of our economy, about 480,000 of these vehicles crash each year. Because of the size and weight of commercial trucks and buses, they often leave a wake of devastation if they collide with smaller passenger vehicles. The law often holds truck drivers and trucking companies to a stricter standard of safety than other motorists, with many additional regulations designed to prevent accidents. These vehicles are significantly more complicated than cars, with coupling devices, additional axles, cargo, and more. For these reasons, commercial vehicle accident cases can present highly technical cases.
- Motorcycle and bicycles accidents – Both motorcyclists and bicyclists expose themselves to the elements every time they ride. They do not have the same protections as other motorists, such as airbags and seatbelts—or even the frame of a car or truck. When a motorcycle or bicycle crashes, the rider is extremely vulnerable to a wide range of permanent traumatic injuries. For these reasons, motorcyclists and bicyclists often sustain particularly severe and life-threatening injuries.
- Pedestrian accidents – Almost everyone walks in a parking lot, on a sidewalk, or across a street on a regular basis. However, most pedestrians do not consider the risk of a motor vehicle hitting them. Pedestrians have no protection in this situation, and they often suffer multiple traumatic injuries and face lengthy recoveries or permanent disabilities. Drivers who fail to properly yield or watch for pedestrians should face full responsibility for the extensive losses that commonly result from these accidents.
Any of the above accidents have the potential to leave victims with permanent injuries and impairment. Our lawyers regularly represent clients with the following injuries and conditions caused by vehicle accidents:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Paraplegia or quadriplegia
- Severe traumatic brain injuries
- Severe burns
- Permanent organ damage
While all of these injuries can damage a person’s life, our legal team is here to help. We aim to help our clients move forward in the best possible way after a traumatic vehicle accident. You should never hesitate to call our office after a severe injury in any type of crash.
Claims Arising From Catastrophic Vehicle Accident Injuries
After an accident, many severely injured victims know they should recover compensation for their losses. However, the process of obtaining the full recovery an injured victim deserves can often prove lengthy and difficult. It can overwhelm anyone to think about a legal case while undergoing constant medical treatment and struggling to adapt to a post-accident life. However, delaying the process can jeopardize your case in many ways.
First, as time passes, evidence can disappear. For example, eyewitnesses may lose a clear memory of what happened. Companies may erase surveillance videos. At-fault parties may even intentionally destroy evidence to try to prevent liability. The sooner our firm starts working on a case, the easier we may obtain the necessary evidence to prove a claim. When we need them, our skilled investigators will gather as much evidence as possible so we can build a strong case.
In addition, California has a statute of limitations of two years for personal injury cases. With limited exceptions, if two years pass from the time of your injuries, you may lose your right to file a legal claim to seek compensation. When accident victims suffer catastrophic injuries, the lengthy and sometimes endless recovery process may cause them to put off consulting with an attorney. In addition, grieving a sudden loss in the family can prove long and consuming.
Because our cases involve such severe injuries or death, they often require litigation to ensure our clients receive compensation that fully covers their losses. By waiting too long, you risk the statute of limitations expiring and losing your right to seek financial recovery at all.
Once you call, a member of our team will evaluate your situation and determine whether we can assist you.
In past cases, our firm has devoted extensive resources to our clients, including, when appropriate:
- Thorough investigation into the circumstances of our clients’ accidents to identify liable parties, which may have included other drivers, large companies, or government agencies
- Calculating the full value of our clients’ losses, which may include past and future medical expenses, past and future lost earnings, pain and suffering, and compensation for permanent injuries
- Filing insurance claims and personal injury lawsuits against the liable parties
- Handling every step of the litigation process to reach settlements or obtain jury verdicts in our clients’ favor
After a vehicle accident, having our team of highly committed and experienced attorneys on your side can lessen your financial stress rather than increase it. We know how to assist victims of devastating injuries and their families, so please contact our firm to discuss whether we may help after your vehicle accident.
Consult Our Highly Skilled L.A. Vehicle Accident Lawyers Today
Accident victims often must protect important legal rights in the wake of a catastrophic injury or wrongful death, but it is essential to seek help from the right law firm to fully exercise those rights.
When you are dealing with a devastating loss or disabling injury, you may think that calling a lawyer will add more stress. This is why the legal team at Greene Broillet & Wheeler, LLP, removes the stress of the legal process for our clients as much as possible. We believe our clients should obtain full financial recovery while still focusing on their medical treatment and adjustments to life after catastrophic injuries.
No injury case is too severe for our attorneys. If you suffered a loss or a catastrophic injury in a vehicle crash, call today at (310) 576-1200 or contact us online for a free case evaluation with a member of our legal team.