Construction sites are dangerous places. Despite strict safety regulations, workers and passersby frequently suffer serious injury.
The Los Angeles construction accident lawyers of Greene Broillet & Wheeler, LLP, represent people who have been seriously injured due to the negligence of another party on the construction site. We invite you to review a few of the verdicts and settlements we’ve achieved for injured workers, and then to contact our Los Angeles law firm to schedule a free consultation.
- Did you suffer a serious back or spinal cord injury in a fall from a ladder, scaffolding or catwalk because of a defect in the equipment or because another crew neglected to take safety precautions?
- Did you suffer an electrocution injury because of a safety violation by the electrical subcontractor?
- Did you or your loved one suffer a head injury after being hit by falling tools, construction materials or debris?
- Did you or your loved one lose a limb or die when a truck backed over him on the jobsite?
If you have been injured in a construction accident, there are two important things you should know:
- 1. Workplace accidents and injuries are covered by workers’ compensation insurance. Except in rare cases, you cannot sue your employer for injuries in on-the-job accidents.
- 2. If your injury was caused by someone other than your employer, you may be able to file a personal injury claim against that person or company in order to recover damages for pain and suffering, in addition to what you receive from workers’ compensation.
Third-Party Personal Injury Claims
At Greene Broillet & Wheeler, LLP, our California worksite injury attorneys do not represent clients in workers’ compensation claims but we do represent clients with a third-party construction accident claim. A third party is someone other than the worker or the employer.
If you were injured because the power tool you were using lacked proper safety guarding, for example, you may be eligible to file a claim against the manufacturer. Our firm has been named the“#1 personal injury law firm in California” by Best Lawyers in America, and a Top Tier national firm in Products Liability by US News and World Reports/ Best Lawyers.
Maximizing the Value of Your Claim
Construction accidents can be legally complex. There may be a number of possible sources of liability: the general contractor, subcontractors, equipment manufacturers and/or the property owner. Our law firm has the knowledge and experience to analyze your case and determine the responsible parties. We also have the skill and determination to pursue maximum financial compensation for the full extent of damages.
To learn if we can assist you, please contact our personal injury law firm. From offices in Santa Monica, we represent clients in the Los Angeles area and throughout Southern California and the entire state. We also consult with attorneys and clients nationwide.