Motor vehicle accidents are a leading cause of serious injury and death. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, there were 32,166 deaths in the United States from motor vehicle accidents in 2015, with 3,176 deaths in California alone. The cost of these accidents to individuals and families is inestimable.
If you have been seriously injured or lost a member of your family in a motor vehicle accident, it is important to discuss your case with a personal injury attorney who has the skills and resources to get results. At Greene Broillet & Wheeler, LLP, we are well known throughout California for achieving significant verdicts and settlements in motor vehicle accidents claims involving:
- Car Accidents: Was your car accident caused by the other driver’s negligence or by auto defects? Our in-house investigators know how to analyze your case to find out.
- Truck Accidents: Our attorneys understand federal regulations and will hold those who disregard these standards accountable when their negligence causes accidents, injuries or death.
- Public Transportation Accidents: We have achieved significant success in lawsuits against the government entities on behalf of injury victims.
- Bus Accidents: Whether you or a family member was injured on a city bus, a charter bus or a school bus, you have rights and we will protect them.
- Uber and Lyft Accidents: As ride-hailing services like Uber and Lyft surge in popularity, more passengers need our help to recover their losses. We represent people who have been hurt in collisions with these vehicles or while riding as passengers.
- Collisions Involving Self-Driving Cars: Driverless cars may be the next wave in transportation, but they are far from perfect. Accidents still occur. When they do, trust us to stand up for what you deserve after being involved in a self-driving car accident.
- Dangerous Conditions on Public Property: Roadway and intersection design and defective or missing traffic lights and guardrails are responsible for causing serious accidents and injuries.
- Rollovers: Our lawyers are well known for landmark vehicle rollover cases, including those involving SUVs and 15 passenger vans. We have multiple verdicts and settlements in the millions of dollars for victims of rollover accidents.
- Pedestrian Accidents: On a sidewalk or in a crosswalk, pedestrians are unprotected and vulnerable to negligent drivers. We fight to empower pedestrians who have been hurt by careless motorists. In court, it is often our opponents who are left defenseless.
- Bicycle Accidents: When a bicyclist and a motor vehicle get in an accident, the cyclist rarely walks away. Our law firm stands up for the rights of injured bicyclists and helps them obtain just compensation for damages. We also represent motorcycle accident victims.
- Inadequate Vehicle Barriers: Sidewalk cafes, open-air markets, street fairs and other public spaces often lack adequate protection between traffic and people. The results of this negligence can be deadly.
The Help You Deserve After a Serious Accident
After being involved in an accident, you should be able to focus on your recovery and your family. You shouldn’t have to worry about your medical bills, car repairs or lost wages from missing work.
Unfortunately, from the moment the accident is reported, insurance companies are hard at work gathering evidence to undermine your claim for damages. It is critical that you take action promptly if you have been involved in a crash. Seek medical help immediately, then contact an attorney. Not only does it help ensure you make as complete a physical recovery as possible, but it also protects your rights and help secure your eventual financial recovery.
Results That Speak for Themselves
No attorney can guarantee a result in your accident case. In fact, we recommend avoiding ones who do. The best a lawyer can do is evaluate your case as thoroughly as possible and give you an idea of his or her past results in similar cases.
We like to think our results in motor vehicle accident claims speak for themselves:
- $73 million verdict in a case involving defective tires on 15-passenger vans
- $22 million verdict for a client who was struck and pinned by a car in a wrongful MTA police pursuit
- $14.4 million verdict in a wrongful death lawsuit involving a chain collision caused by an improperly maintained asphalt truck
- $10 million result for a broadside car accident resulting in a brain injury
- $6.4 million verdict for a motorcycle passenger
See more of our results in motor vehicle claims.
We Know Where to Look and What to Look For
Personal injury cases are won or lost based on their persuasiveness at trial, which can rest on the effective use of evidence. Our firm employs in-house investigators and professionals whose work is vital to uncovering the true cause of an accident with injuries.
From independent engineering experts who review the accident scene and the vehicles involved, to investigators who locate and interview witnesses, our comprehensive evidence-gathering is a significant factor in the successful results we achieve for our clients.
For example, in a case involving a bicyclist hit by an MTA bus, the bus driver denied that he had hit the cyclist and failed to file an accident report. We located a passerby who saw the accident and who had followed the bus and gotten its plate number. We tracked down the exact bus and obtained the onboard video (DVR), which clearly showed the bus hitting our client.
Find Out Why We’re Trusted Nationwide. Call to Speak With a Proven Personal Injury Attorney.
During your first consultation with one of our experienced and esteemed trial attorneys, we will answer your questions and help you understand what to expect as we begin investigating your case. If our law firm is a good fit for your case, you will pay no attorney fees unless we successfully recover compensation for you.
Whether you are an individual who has suffered a serious injury or a referring attorney, please contact Greene Broillet & Wheeler, LLP, to discuss your motor vehicle accident case. We represent clients in the Los Angeles area and throughout Southern California and the entire state. We also consult with attorneys and clients nationwide.