How To Vote
Who Can Vote? The AAJ Rules for Election under Article I. A. Election of National Officers sets forth eligibility requirements to vote.
- You must be a member of AAJ in good standing for at least 30 days prior to the start of the Annual Convention (on or before June 27, 2019).
- You must be a paid registrant for the full Convention week (“total package” or “education programs only”). Weekend and daily registrations do not qualify.
- You must have received a badge onsite at the Convention and agree that no other person will be allowed to cast your vote. (You may vote remotely during the timeframe noted below if you have previously picked up your badge onsite.)
When and How Can You Vote?
- The Membership Business & Elections Meeting (“Business Meeting”) will be held at the Annual Convention on Monday, July 29, beginning at 5:15 pm PT in the San Diego Convention Center. Electronic voting will begin at the close of the Business Meeting and will continue until 12 p.m. on Tuesday, July 30.
- Eligible members will be able to vote from any Internet connected device, including smart phones.
- A voting station containing iPads will be placed outside the Business Meeting room.
- The voting station will be available from the start of electronic voting on Monday, July 29 until 7:00 p.m. or until the Election Committee has assisted all members waiting in line to vote as of 7:00 p.m.
- There will also be a voting station available on Tuesday, July 30 from 8:00 a.m. to 12 p.m. PT.
- Members of the Election Committee will be available to answer questions at the voting stations.