Aaron Osten plays an instrumental role in the success of Greene Broillet & Wheeler’s trial team. Aaron’s trial practice focuses on catastrophic personal injury, business and employment litigation, wrongful death and legal malpractice. Aaron has helped effectively litigate and settle a wide range of cases for the firm.
Outside the courtroom, Aaron is a competitive surfer, and shares his passion for surfing by teaching surfing to Veterans who suffer from disabilities such as PTSD. Aaron is also involved in the Animal Legal Defense Fund, and spends time outside of litigation advocating for legislation opposing animal cruelty.
Aaron’s unwavering commitment to justice helped achieve a $7 million jury verdict in a sexual harassment and wrongful termination case involving a whistleblower who sued celebrity yoga guru Bikram Choudhury. He also obtained a $5 million settlement in a legal malpractice case that involved a lawyer who failed to advise a hedge fund client on SEC regulations.
Aaron secured a multimillion-dollar jury verdict in a wrongful termination/whistleblower retaliation claim on behalf of a cancer research doctor, who had been terminated after refusing to fraudulently obtain NIH funds.
In a premises liability lawsuit that settled for $4 million, Aaron helped represent the employee of an independent contractor who suffered paraplegia after being struck by falling machinery at a job site.
Aaron attended San Diego State University, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts in English and graduated with Honors. He also surfed competitively and helped lead SDSU to the Collegiate National Championships. He then attended Loyola Law School where he earned his J.D. While studying at Loyola, Aaron spent a summer in Costa Rica studying Environmental Law and International Human Rights Law. Aaron is a member of the American Association for Justice, the Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, Consumer Attorneys of California and the Association of Surfing Lawyers. Aaron is a member of the State Bar of California as well as admitted to the U.S. District Court Central District of California.
Areas of Practice
- Catastrophic Personal Injury
- Business and Employment Litigation
- Wrongful Death
- Legal Malpractice
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California
- Honors: Published works: “Privette Doctrine Ruling Has No Business Being Published”, Los Angeles Daily Journal, Dec. 29, 2016
- San Diego State University
- Bachelor of Arts
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: English
- Personal injury litigator shares joy of surfing with veterans, at-risk youths, Los Angeles Daily Journal, June 2, 2017
- Privette Doctrine Ruling Has No Business Being Published, Los Angeles Daily Journal, December 29, 2016
- The Power of ‘Me-Too’ Evidence in California Employment Cases, Law 360, March, 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Consumer Attorneys of California Association of Surfing Lawyers
- Actively involved in the Jimmy Miller Memorial Foundation, a non-profit organization which uses ocean therapy to treat and rehabilitate returning veterans suffering from PTSD